Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Settled Back In

Well we're back home. We drove back yesterday and this time the trip was only 10.5 hours, which was mostly due to the fact that Theo was amazing. He slept pretty much the entire way. When we stopped for gas or lunch or a snack he would wake up, go out to pee, run around a bit, then fall right back to sleep when we were back in the car. For the last few hours he just slept in my lap. It was the cutest thing ever! I am so happy that this trip worked out so well for us, and I'm glad to know that Theo can handle windy roads better than I can (I get car sick...ugh). But most of all, I'm glad to be back home.

Don't get me wrong, Reno was awesome for both me and Theo. But he's not 100% house trained yet, and while Theo did very well on that front at my parent's house (and I won't say more for fear of incriminating myself (and fear of incriminating others who have sworn me to secrecy)), it was hard to really relax when I had to watch his every move to make sure there were no accidents (there was one at my Aunt's cabin in Tahoe! Oops!). I'm glad to know that in future visits it should be easier. I was ready to go home just because I was ready to be in a place where it's not the end of the world if he pees.

I'll make a separate post for our weekend shenanigans because there's quite a bit to say. Stay tuned!

No comments: