Thursday, December 4, 2008

Back To Normal

  1. We started up our agility class again last night.  The trainer kept asking Theo to use the new equipment first (not exactly as a demo, since she has a helper use her own dog as a demo, but I think she wanted the group to always start off on the right foot).  In obedience class she would never use Theo as a demo dog, but I guess for agility he really shines.  He really loves all the equipment, especially the tunnel, which we used last night!  We also tried the dog walk, which was the one thing I was nervous about Theo liking.  The trainer was smart and lined the top with dog treats, so Theo was of course fine with it!  He kept trying to run back up and look for more treats. 
  2. He hates waiting his turn in class.  When he sees another dog struggling he gets antsy and starts barking.  You can see him thinking "stop making a fool of yourself and let me show you how it's done!".  I think this is definitely the sport for Theo right now.
  3. I'm having a hard time getting used to not having all the blogs I read having new posts everyday.  I really enjoyed having that last month.
  4. I used "having" way too many times in No. 3, but I don't feel like changing it.
  5. Today we are experimenting.  We didn't take Theo to doggy daycare.  The remodel is basically done (I say basically because they never really finished, but we got tired of waiting, so we took the lockbox off the door and decided to just keep our money), and we can't really afford to take him everyday anymore ($400/month is a lot!). The most we usually keep him home alone on the weekends is about 4 hours.  Today is all day.  We'll see how he does.  I'm expecting to take a very long walk tonight.
  6. I don't think we'll totally stop doing doggy daycare, just cut back to a few days a week.
  7. I want to buy our Christmas tree this weekend.  Hopefully we have a better time of it than Ivy and Bryson did.  Poor guy.  What should I get Theo for his very first Christmas?  I may have already invested in some red fuzzy antlers...pictures to may be come.
  8. The picture?  Just felt like it.

5 comments:

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Hey, hope you get the tree soon! But definitely put something around the water bowl if you do add that tree preservative thing. I read on the internet that the sugar (dextrose) is what the dog's attracted to. Thanks goodness he's fine now, we're told that nausea and vomiting/diarrhea is what happens, and since it's subsided and he has no residual symptom, that we don't have to worry about it now. Whew! We've put "fake" presents all around the base so he can't get to it :)

And thanks so much for visiting my cousin's blog and leaving a kind note! Karen just wrote me to tell me how much she appreciates it, thanks!!

betty said...

Theo's picture is cute!! hope Theo did good with his first day "home alone" I work at home so Koda's with me all day sleeping on our couch most of the time, but we try not to be gone longer than 5-6 hours on the weekends; it will be nice to have that extra money not taking Theo every day to day care, I agree; couple times a week might be good for a change of scenery

betty

Dangerspouse said...

You're kidding. A corgi...antsy? Who'da thought!

JuLo said...

Ivy, of course! Thanks for posting all about your cousin. It was interesting stuff!

Hehe, I love the idea of fake presents around the tree. I don't know that we'll use anything in the water, we usually don't. But if we do, I'll definitely watch Theo like a hawk. He barely drinks his own water, so I'm not too worried about it.

Betty, I wish I could work from home and be with Theo all day! That would be amazing. I think we'll just do it every other day (like Tues. and Thurs.), so he has one day of action and one day of rest. Hehe.

Dangerspouse, I sense a hint of sarcasm.... ;)

Kelly said...

We're buying our Christmas tree this weekend too, and I'm nervous because my husband wants a real one... I just know it's not good news w/a 5-6 month old puppy!