Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Grass Is Greener...

...in my yard! My gardener came by this morning to put grass along the side of the house. Now puppy will have a place in the backyard to do his/her puppy thang. The puppy will still be an indoor dog, I just couldn't live with not having at least a small place for him/her to spend some time outside each day, off-leash.

Unfortunately, we discovered another problem. In the area where we put the grass is along the side of our house where we never really go. It was all just loose stones before, and it wasn't the main way between the front and back of the house. Well once the gardener pulled up all the rocks, we were able to really see the condition of the fence between our yard and the neighbors. It's all moldy and the vertical planks have rotten completely away from the base board of the fence. The gardener says the neighbor over-waters his plants that sit right at the edge of the fence. I don't really care about the condition of the fence except that I don't want puppy to escape and get into the neighbor's yard (he's a total grouch), or exposed to mold. *sigh* So I guess there'll be more work to this than we thought. Isn't that always the way?

I'll see if I can get some time to post pictures.

No comments: