Monday, September 13, 2010

An Update On The Wobbler

So the Kong Wobbler is gone from our house.  You know, the one Theo found to be both fascinating and terrible?  But don't be sad.  It's in a far, far better place now - a house with a dog that isn't a total chicken, of course!  It was fate.  I had just finished posting my review when one of my Facebook friends, an old college professor of mine, actually mentioned in her status update that she wanted a Kong Wobbler for her dog, Owen. I had planned on giving the Wobbler to one of my Corgi friends, but this was just meant to be!  Here I was, in possession of a Wobbler, and here she was, in want of a Wobbler.  So I left her a comment saying I happened to have one to give her, and a few days later, I stopped by her house to drop it off.

She has two dogs, small rescues of an unidentifiable breed.  Chihuahua-Terrior mixes maybe of about 15 pounds.  She was also playing host to a gigantic black lab (she was energetic, clumsy, and completely adorable), who she said was quite the regular in her house.  All three dogs took their turn with the Wobbler with no fights and no issues.  And all three dogs managed to knock it around to get their delicious treat reward.  Remember how big the Wobbler was?  At one point the lab tried to get the whole thing in her mouth - she almost did it to!  it was kind of fascinating.  Even when the treats were gone, they just kept playing with it, batting it around and watching it wobble.

I left happy, knowing that the toy had found a good home.  My friend emailed me the next day saying that Owen had happily played with the Wobbler the entire rest of the day, and even curled up next to it to take a nap when he got tired.  How cute!





You might think that such a selfless deed might drum up my own good karma, eh?  Well as soon as we got back in the car to drive home, the check engine light came on.  Something had broken that ended up being very expensive to fix.  Naturally. :)

14 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm glad it found a good home, but booo for your car problems :(

JulieandCaleb said...

Ooooh noooo, I hate car problems. Whenever something goes wrong with my truck I always think it is THE WORST THING EVER!

But YAAAAY for happy dogs enjoying their new toy!

Laurie said...

Awww yeah, I thought the Wobbler was cool, but I'm pretty sure Sadie would be scared of it, too. She is weary of stuff like that lol. But glad it found a new home! Sorry about your car problems though, ugh!

Bert said...

It's really great to hear that the Wobbler has found a new home with plenty of new friends to play with it. Really sorry that after your good deed you ended up with costly car problems. Never a happy situation.

Nike pas cher said...

YAAAAY for happy dogs enjoying their new toy!

Unknown said...

So very sweet. But, so sad to hear of the car problems. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Hope your car problems are long gone.

Anonymous said...

if theo's crate is outside your bedroom door, does he hear or get upset when you guys are intimate? Just wondering, I know other dogs do that.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=XAkwa1Hk6Jk

are these puppies playing or too aggressive?

Anonymous said...

Our site sells kinds of all items. We babyliss hair dryer proudly stand behind the authenticity and Hogan Shoes Online quality of all merchandise sold on our site. We guarantee each and every product offered for sale on

famous artists paintings said...

I think everyone hate the car problems and I hope it can reduce later.I like your blog very much. sharing it with my friends.

new era france said...

mbt shoes uk,mbt shoes london,mbt shoes uk sale,mbt sale uk,mbt footwear uk,mbt shoes uk clearance,mbt shoes sale,mbt sale,mbt uk shoes

new era france,Le magasin de France pour New Era Caps,Trouvez une grande variété de Casquettes New Era avec Livraison gratuite disponible dans le village de chapeaux,new era soldes en France online!

scarpe mbt italia,mbt store,outlet mbt,shoes mbt,mbt outlet store,,scarpe mbt,mbt online store,outlet mbt,mbt online shop,mbt scarpe outlet,mbt outlet.

mbt outlet,mbt outlet uk,mbt outlet store,mbt shoes.

oakley holbrook - oakley on line www.oakleyholbrook.it 86% di sconto.

Ralph Lauren Pas Cher,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren pas cher homme,polo ralph lauren pas cher homme.

Anonymous said...

I do a lot of Masturbating and I can't see very well either, that is why I ignore requests from people who want to be deleted from my e-mail marketing SPAM, I'm not surprised they got pissed at not being deleted from my E-MAIL list. This must be their revenge for being ignored.

I will now google this message and see how many times they have posted it out there until I get the message to remove their address from my mailouts.

Sean Malarkey
sean@inspiredmarketing.net

Unknown said...

Oh beautiful picture, i like it so much
Aluminium Planters

T said...

Buy healthy and vaccinated corgi puppies in $550 only with lifetime health guarantee! Our corgi puppies are vet checked and dewormed. All puppies are Akc registered. We provide safe and secure shipping for our puppies.

Corgi Puppies For Sale