Monday, August 27, 2007

Check Out Your Library

When I started a list of all the books I want to read on dogs before I bring home my puppy, I was daunted by all the money I would have to spend to buy them all. Then a friend suggested I check out our local library to see if they had any of them. It was such a good idea! Not only did the library have a few of the books on my list, but they also had a couple of books that weren't, that I also decided to check out. My local branch didn't have much, but I was able to get the books I wanted by requesting them from another branch. It only took about a week to get them. Now I have a huge stack of books to read at home, another daunting task! It's a fun one though. I love reading up on puppies!

Right now I'm focusing my reading on behavior, development, training for puppies, and corgi specific books, sprinkled with a book or two of authors who have written about their overall personal experiences with their dogs. Next I'm going to start focusing heavily on nutrition, since I'm feeding my dog home-cooked food.

Here's the books I have at home right now:

The Pembroke Welsh Corgi: Family Friend and Farmhand
Puppy Kisses are Good for the Soul
Welsh Corgis: Pembroke and Cardigan
The Pembroke Welsh Corgi : An Owner's Guide to a Happy Healthy Pet
The Dog Whisperer: A Compassionate, Nonviolent Approach to Training (not Cesar Millan)
Katz on Dogs: A Commonsense Guide to Training and Living with Dogs

It's quite a stack! I'll post most reviews as I trudge though them. Wish me luck!

No comments: