Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Regular Athlete

When Theodore gets older, I'm definitely going to have to look into doing agility and herding with him. He's already doing both! When he's feeling playful, he'll try and herd me while I take him outside to do his business. And he'll herd me whenever I run around the house. I was afraid of him nipping at my heels, but he hasn't done that yet. He has bitten at my pants, which I tried to correct him on. It's very cute.

Also, he's made our house into a regular agility course. Whenever there's a step, he likes to jump up on it, and then jump off. He does this with the box of diet coke in the kitchen, and with the rise of concrete lines the backyard. His pen beside the couch creates a kind of tunnel that he loves to run through. He even treats the chair legs in the dining room like an obstacle course. I love it.

I hope when he's older we're able to do some fun things together.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, HOW FUN. I really want to try agility with Lucy. Although it sounds like Theodore may be more suited for it. At our last puppy class, the teacher brought out agility equipment and apparently she didn't like to go all the way through the tunnel...

Spectater said...

LOL! so if next time i come over i find you cramped into the dog crate, i'll know that Theo herded you there.

JuLo said...

LOL! I wouldn't be surprised! He tries to herd me into walls all the time.

You have Lucy doing a puppy class already? Man, you're so on top of things! I know the place I want to try, but I haven't looked into when it starts yet. Hehe.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Theo will be a natural at agility and herding! I'm sure you've read on our blog how Bryson enjoys agility. In fact, he's joining an all-corgi agility class starting next month at the San Francisco SPCA (we got enough corgis together to have our own class :>)

And as you probably remember, Bryson fails his herding instinct test miserably, but definitely try Theo out when he's old enough. It's so fun to see them interact with other animals (even when they're running away)!

JuLo said...

Yes I remember your post about Bryson's herding attempt! Hehe. I agree. Even if he doesn't like it, like you say, it should still be fun.

That's awesome you have your own Corgi agility class set up. I just hope I find a good one in my area.