Monday, November 5, 2007

Plan B Out, Back To Plan A

So my breeder was able to find homes for her two remaining puppies, Taylor and Ranger. As I stated earlier, I figured she'd be able to find homes for them before the end of the month. I tried not to get my hopes up about it, but I did find myself entertaining the idea of having a puppy in as soon as just a month! So I guess now I'm a little disappointed. But I think it's also for the best. I was on the fence a bit, and I never got all the information I wanted about them. And I hadn't done any shopping yet. This way I'll have more time and when I'm bringing a puppy home shouldn't be a question.

So the original plan is still in place. My litter of puppies should be born around mid-December, and I'll be able to take one home in February. Sure, that's only 4 months away, but after a full year of waiting, the final months have definitely been the worst. I hope this holiday season just flies by!

Now all I have to do between now and December is wait for my puppy to be born. Though there's still one more possible obstacle. I believe it's been long enough to find out if the pregnancy took. I sent an email to the breeder this morning asking about it. I'll let you know as soon as I hear!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how exciting! I'm glad you're going with plan A. My breeder made a nice calendar to tell you major milestones of the pregnancy. I copied it into my own calendar and I've been following it as the days go on. My boyfriend thinks it's too much information, but it is interesting. It can be found here: http://www.rockylranch.com/MegsCalendar.htm

JuLo said...

Wow, I checked out your breeder and they sound pretty awesome! Maybe I'll send them an email asking about their November litter... ;) Know if there's any room on the waiting list?

Unknown said...

I'm not too sure if there is still room on the waiting list, but most likely there still is. She is a little curt with her emails, but in person she is very nice and helpful. Haven't tried calling her, she may be better on the phone too.

Sam Tsang said...

Congrats! Good things come to those who wait :)