Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An Officer And A Referee

I ran into Casey on our walk tonight, a corgi in my neighborhood, a real old dude. His owner is really friendly and talkative, so we always get into some fun discussions about the furkids while the dogs sniff each other (no head jumping for Theo with Casey...he's a no nonsense kind of dog). I was telling him about Officer Theo and how he got the name, and what a coincidence! They call Casey the "Referee" for just about the same reasons. Corgis will be corgis I suppose.

Speaking of Halloween (What? That was a legitimate transition.), any Corgi owners out there notice the MyCorgi costume contest? You may remember Bryson and Picasso won last year with their adorable Two Amigos costume. This year I'm going to give Ivy a run for her money this year with Officer Theo! We'll be having a photo shoot this weekend, I think. Two locations, three costume changes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome. I forgot about the halloween costume contest! I may have to enter Lucy too... I'm going to the fabric store today to pick up supplies!

Also, I just read your emergency down post, and it's fantastic. I can't wait to take Lucy back to school!

JuLo said...

Oh I can't wait to see your costume, Lynn! I'm sure it'll be adorable, and probably one of the better ones since it'll be made to fit a Corgi. What a concept, right?

I hope you and Lucy have fun at school!

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Is it Halloween already?! We haven't even thought about costumes this year yet... shucks.

I'm sitting at the Newark airport waiting for our flight home from my cousin's wedding as I type this. Can't wait to get home!

JuLo said...

Oh sure. Downplay it. Lull us into a false sense of security before you come out for the kill! I'm sure you'll come up with something cute. :)

Sorry you've had to travel so much!