Monday, February 4, 2008

New Poll

Now that we've established that most of you like Theodore as much as I do, what about the name? I know I had decided on Bowser for a few weeks, but what can I say, I decided on Ein in the very beginning too. Heh. I've been using the name Theodore so much, now I'm starting to like it. It's too long for a dog's name, but I can always shorten it to Teddy or Theo.

I told Husband this, expecting him to say "No, we decided on Bowser and I like it!" But, of course, he did the opposite and told me we could name him whatever I want. Arg! I don't know! A name is important. It's what I'm going to be calling the little guy for years and years! I want it to be something awesome. Theodore is a cute name, but does Bowser have more character?

Let me know what you think by voting on my poll.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm voting for Theodore (or whatever nickname you choose). We had picked out Caleigh for our puppy, but after we met her, she seemed so much more like a Lucy. Now it seems strange that we ever wanted to name her Caleigh...

I think keep a few names in mind for when you go meet the dogs and then choose then. Good luck!! :)

JuLo said...

Yeah, that's true. Having a few names in mind is a good idea. My husband and I are so indecisive I'm afraid the puppy won't even have a name for the first couple of days. Hehe. Naw, I'm sure we'll start calling him something, and that something will stick.

Now if we choose a girl, though, I'm in trouble. I got nothing. Clover is cute...but I don't know if it's right. I guess we'll see!

JuLo said...

And you're totally right. Lucy looks like a Lucy. :)

Anonymous said...

We got Gonzo last minute (saw an ad in the paper and got him that day). We took him home and realized as we were playing that we didn't have a name at all. So we basically did a google search for dog names, and we came across Gonzo. My fiance loves Hunter Thompson (writer of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and creator of Gonzo Journalism) and the name totally fit our puppy. So my advice is to have some ideas, but don't get too stuck on anything!

Anonymous said...

I also voted for Theodore! I like the nickname Theo.

We were also struggling with names for a loooong time, but one day unanimously agreed on the name Bryson (as in Bill Bryson) before we even met him! And we were lucky since everyone's who's met him said he's so proper and preppy, he's a total Bryson!

Whatever you choose, I'm sure it'll work out. He's so adorable he'll wear any name well :)

JuLo said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Ivy! :) I think you're right that some dogs just wear their names well. Bryson looks like a Bryson to me! :)

Even though I associate the name with the blue Muppet with a long nose, I still love the name Gonzo. ;)