Monday, April 28, 2008

Update On The Patient

I'm told that Theo did very well at the ER yesterday. No vomiting or diarrhea, though he was only on fluids, so it's not like they really gave him anything to pass through his system. They finally fed him around 11pm, and he was able to keep it down. Yay! They discharged him this morning, but said that he needed more observation and suggested I transfer him to my normal vet. So off to the normal vet I went. They admitted him and said I would be able to pick him up tonight. *sigh* Now I just have to wait. Hopefully he'll go the rest of the day with no vomiting or diarrhea and this business will be done. Cross your fingers!

Theo experienced the e-collar for the first time this morning, and oh man, I wish I had brought my camera! He looked so pathetic! He kept trying to sniff the ground, and as he would lower his head, the collar would get caught on the ground and his body would come to a grinding halt. Too funny. He also couldn't walk through doorways very well because, again, the collar would get stuck. He ended up getting so frustrated that he just refused to walk at all! But with a little coaxing I was able to get him from point A to point B. He was still crying a lot, so he didn't seem very improved to me. Hopefully another day at the vet's office will be just what he needs. But I have to say, it was quite heart-wrenching watching they vet technician walking away with my Theo. He looked back at me with a look on his face that said "don't let them take me away again!" Poor guy.


flanthrower said...

Awww man! Sorry to hear the little guy is sick. Please keep us posted. Get well little Theo!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I hope they could figure out what's going on this time. I can totally share your worries (being a paranoid corgi parent myself). Did the first vet say what the diagnosis was?

And Bryson had the same experience with the stupid e-collar! It's a real problem when you have a big head (i.e. big collar) but short legs, you're bound to scrape up dirt as you go. Actually, it was X'mas time when Bryson had the collar on last time, so he snatched up a bunch of low-hanging X'mas tree ornaments inside his collar... it was quite hilarious :D

JuLo said...

Hahaha! That sounds hilarious/pathetic, Ivy. :) I felt bad laughing at him, but you just can't help it!

No one seems to be giving much trouble to actually diagnosing him once all his tests came back normal. I'll do another post on the latest updates. Stay tuned.