- We started up our agility class again last night. The trainer kept asking Theo to use the new equipment first (not exactly as a demo, since she has a helper use her own dog as a demo, but I think she wanted the group to always start off on the right foot). In obedience class she would never use Theo as a demo dog, but I guess for agility he really shines. He really loves all the equipment, especially the tunnel, which we used last night! We also tried the dog walk, which was the one thing I was nervous about Theo liking. The trainer was smart and lined the top with dog treats, so Theo was of course fine with it! He kept trying to run back up and look for more treats.
- He hates waiting his turn in class. When he sees another dog struggling he gets antsy and starts barking. You can see him thinking "stop making a fool of yourself and let me show you how it's done!". I think this is definitely the sport for Theo right now.
- I'm having a hard time getting used to not having all the blogs I read having new posts everyday. I really enjoyed having that last month.
- I used "having" way too many times in No. 3, but I don't feel like changing it.
- Today we are experimenting. We didn't take Theo to doggy daycare. The remodel is basically done (I say basically because they never really finished, but we got tired of waiting, so we took the lockbox off the door and decided to just keep our money), and we can't really afford to take him everyday anymore ($400/month is a lot!). The most we usually keep him home alone on the weekends is about 4 hours. Today is all day. We'll see how he does. I'm expecting to take a very long walk tonight.
- I don't think we'll totally stop doing doggy daycare, just cut back to a few days a week.
- I want to buy our Christmas tree this weekend. Hopefully we have a better time of it than Ivy and Bryson did. Poor guy. What should I get Theo for his very first Christmas? I may have already invested in some red fuzzy antlers...pictures to may be come.
- The picture? Just felt like it.
St. Patty's Day Feast - I can't believe how long it's taken me to blog about the food I made during the week of St. Patty's Day! I made such good things that week and such good...
7 years ago