Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't Let Winter Depression Get You Down

I thought this was an interesting post on seasonal depression for pets.  I know it sure bums Theo out when he won't go outside to pee because it's wet.  I know it sure bums me out when he tries to get into the garage to go instead.  Hehe.  I know that a nice healthy play session makes us both feel better.  According to these tips, Theo should be doing pretty good.

Now that our family room is back in order (and in use thanks to the new Wii Fit!), and now that the WOW expansion is out, Theo is definitely getting his stair workout running between our office upstairs and the family room downstairs.  Hehe.  I always rotate his diet a little bit based on what I have on hand (potatoes/rice/barley, pear/banana/apple, carrots/celery/green beans, etc.).  I'm still doing obedience with Theo, though admittedly not as much.  I need to keep it up if I don't want Mr. Troublemaker getting away with murder.  But sorry Theo, no indoor pool for you.

Have you noticed winter depression in your furkids?

7 comments:

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Such melancholy in Theo's face! Awwww... Bryson loves the outdoors, wet or dry, cold or warm, so as long as we go outside 3 times a day, he'll be OK. Maybe Theo and I can share one of those UV therapy light ;)

betty said...

not so much because unless it is pouring rain I try to take Koda for a walk daily even if we come back soaking wet. and even in the coldest of days of Montana I'd try at least a lap around the park for him to get some exercise. When I noticed a change of his mood was when we moved down here and with a change in the work I did, he wasn't going on car rides like he used to with me when I would go and get my work; took me about 6 weeks to realize he was bored since he wasn't getting out except for walks. We took him for a car ride that afternoon with a trip to PetSmart and he immediately perked up so we made sure we got car rides in at least on the weekend and I noticed a big change in his mood to a happier corgi

betty

Kelly said...

Gibson is loving the cold weather! It's been in the 20's here and he's so happy and perky on walks now. Rain is worse for us.. he looks so pathetic and sad when he has to go to the bathroom when it's pouring down on him!

JuLo said...

Ivy, Theo doesn't really like having his picture taken, so I have a lot of pictures like this. :p

Kelly, it sounds like Gibson and Theo are alike in this way. Does Gibson try and duck his head down, like if he gets low enough the rain won't get him? Hehe.

I would be willing to walk Theo in the rain, if he were willing. But I'm sure you can all relate to having a Corgi that just won't budge. Hehe.

Kelly said...

haha yes, his ears stick out on the side of his head and he puts his head down towards the ground and just looks ridiculous!

Dances with Corgis said...

Interesting.. I never knew pets could suffer from SAD.

Anonymous said...

Hello Iam from Perth Western Australia. I have developed a proven method to eliminate depression/emotional stress within seven days with only one session needed. My work is new and cutting edge when it comes to emotional healing. I have also developed a program that eliminates the effects of winter depression which I will be conducting Free trials in America at the beginning of March 2009. For more information how this can help people whoiare suffering from winter depression pls visit my website www.transformational-wellness.com and scroll down to the secition on winter depression. I look forward to hearing from you.Terri