Sunday, November 30, 2008

Closing Out

Well it's the 30th: the last day of the month, the last day of NaBloPoMo. Did you have fun reading my blog everyday? I hope so! Since I have trouble finishing things (and remembering things), I'm so proud of myself for never missing a day! Thanks so much to everyone who NaBloPoMoed with me! It was so much fun reading everyone's blogs. I hope we all do it again next year.

Ok, so back to Theo talk. The family is all gone and it's just us again. We spent the day dealing with lots of problems with Theo. First off, he's become unhousetrained all of a sudden. The last 3 days we left him at home alone for a period of time, and each time he peed in the house. He won't go outside because it's wet, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I guess I just have to take him for more walks? Anyway, it caused some frustration to say the least. After getting whatever he wanted all weekend because my family is a bunch of suckers, he was acting like a bit of a brat. Thankfully it was nothing a little obedience work couldn't fix. Have I mentioned I can't stress obedience training enough? Hehe.

I'll end my NaBloPoMo posting on a good note and talk about Theo's first Thanksgiving a little more. It really was a great time. He started off with some chewing by himself while we were all cooking.


He took breaks periodically to smell the delicious smells coming from the kitchen.


Little did we know we had out own little turkey closeby.


He had his own play squad assigned to him for the night. I don't think Theo has ever played so much fetch, much to his delight, I'm sure.

Oh by the way, his newest thing is catching the toy, rather than fetching it.

My mom had the furry socks to prove the fur was flying!


At the end of dinner Theo was treated with the platter full of turkey drippings. Yum!

And don't worry, it went straight into the dishwasher after this little "pre-rinse".

After all the exercise and delicious food, there was only one thing left to do...

Totally collapse into a coma.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! I think Theo's was a success.

PS: More pictures of the herding to come tomorrow. Right now the WiiFit calls...

5 comments:

betty said...

so proud of you for making it through the month of daily entries! I enjoyed reading them; always love to read about Theo!! cute pictures!!

I think more walks for Mr. Theo with house training and also bribe him with a little treat while he's outside especially on those wet mornings. Koda is so good about going out because he knows a little nibble awaits him when he comes back in

enjoy the day :)

betty

Kelly said...

Wow, Theo was lucky to get a plate of turkey grease! He's probably just acting out w/the potty training. Just reward him again for going outside and he'll get back to being good I'm sure.

And congrats on making it a whole month posting every day! I'm sure it was tiring, but I've enjoyed reading it!

JuLo said...

That's the problem. I already bribe him with treats! When Theo goes outside in the backyard and pees when I ask him to, he gets a treat. Always. When we're on walks and he does it, no treat. It doesn't matter. Even if I'm holding a treat outside, he won't go. Either it's too wet, or he sees it as his living space now. *sigh* I think I just need to try walking him across the street or something.

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Theo looks entirely full of Corgi bliss on Thanksgiving! Have a happy week. Warmly, Cathy ^..^

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Theo's so cute in his food-comatosed state! Ha ha! Bryson has some photos that look just like him :) These guys are the best!