Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here We Go! NaBloPoMo!

Today kicks off my participation in the National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo)! For the next 30 days you'll be getting all julo and Theo all the time. Eek! If you can't handle it, just tune back in December when we resume our regularly scheduled when-I-feel-like-it posting.

So I was thinking about what a good first post of the month would be, and I think going back to the beginning is appropriate. So back in July 2007 I made my first post on this blog...OMG, I just found a typo in it! How do I have people reading my blog when I can't even write English good? Anyway, I started this blog before I even had a dog. I just wanted somewhere to talk about all the information I had been reading on websites, in books, and talking to people. The more I blogged the more I liked it! I read blogs like Amanda's and Ivy's and thought it was so great that they got out and did such fun things with their dogs. I probably wouldn't be as active with Theo as I am now if I hadn't been inspired by them.

Of course, after I got Theo the blog turned into Theo central, but that was kind of my end goal anyway. It's great because you can share with the world someone who is very special to you, but who wouldn't mind being all over the interwebs. Like I won't be able to do this with my hypothetical kids because they would grow up and hate me for doing it. Can you imagine if our parents had had blogs about us growing up and our baby pictures and embarrassing moments were plastered all over blogger? NO THANK YOU!

Well if this post is indicative of the rest of the month, you are all in for some rambling. I hope you'll stay tuned! Tomorrow I'll be talking about Theo's first Halloween!

3 comments:

betty said...

that was a nice first entry for a month of blogging; a fitting tribute to why you started it in the first place

looking forward to reading more as the month progresses :)

betty

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

I'm honored to be mentioned as an "inspirer" to your flourishing blog :) Seeing that you already have 2 posts today, I gotta go work on mine :P

JuLo said...

Awww, this post is just spreading the love. I'm loving it. :)

Come on Ivy, you can't miss your first post! ;)