Monday, November 24, 2008

Quirks

Does your dog do this?  

I've said in the past that Theo will only go into his crate at night when I "put him to bed".  Usually he sleeps on a blanket on the floor of the office right behind my chair while I'm messing around on the laptop or knitting.  As soon as he hears the laptop close, he pops up enthusiastically, knowing that it's time for bed.  Well if I ever stay up too late, he lets me know it.  Last night I was chatting on the mycorgi.com live chat (who knew they had that?) when I heard some soft and very pathetic cries.  I looked down to see Theo looking up at me with pleading eyes.  He wanted very much to go to bed, but he wouldn't go to bed until he knews I was also going to bed.  He does that.  So I informed the people chatting that my puppy was telling me it was time for bed and I had to log off.   He certainly is a dog stuck in his ways.

8 comments:

eikoleigh said...

how cute!

Lori said...

This is so cute!

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Bryson's the same way :) If we put him to bed (in our bedroom) and leave him there, he'll pop up in a second. And I didn't even know there's a live chat thing on mycorgi! I'm gonna try to stay away (I think I spend enough time on my computer as is) :P

betty said...

so cute what Theo does! I can tell the time without looking at a watch; Koda knows when it is bed time and he is ready some days before us; he just keeps looking at us like "its time"; they are so funny!

I'll have to check out that mycorgi chat; sounds like fun :

betty

Kelly said...

Gibson is the opposite, he'll be asleep and when I go to take him to bed he wakes up verrrry slowwwly and then acts like it's too much for him to move..then he pretends like he can't walk up the stairs so I have to carry him *rolls eyes*

JuLo said...

Hehe. Kelly, this is how I would expect Theo to act. Heck, that's how I would act! Hehe. But no. He pops up, and if I don't follow right away, he falls back to the floor and stretches and yawns a lot until I follow.

Unknown said...

That's adorable. Lucy actually goes to bed on her own when she's tired. A lot of times I'll be looking for her only to find her in bed already!

eikoleigh said...

My boys like to go to bed on their own, but they're also older. Wonder if this is a puppy thing?